The Paracelsus Bad and Kurhaus Salzburg. A spectacular new building on the site of the previous spa, nestled in the historic spa park.
This project with its sophisticated architecture required extensive expertise and outstanding product quality. The operators therefore opted for CONTI+ with its comprehensive product range and proficiency in innovative shower room and washroom solutions for large-scale projects. A good decision, because all systems and equipment have been running smoothly since the reopening in 2019, both in the customer-facing areas and behind the scenes.
Invisible to the visitor, the issue of housing the technical equipment has been resolved – due to a lack of space and the constraints of the site’s historical context, a system of decentralised plant rooms was installed on each floor.
- Several CNX water management systems from CONTI+ guarantee that the strict standards for drinking water quality in public sanitary facilities are met through the standard-compliant application of hygiene functions. Using these systems, it is possible to digitally control, monitor and log up to 150 showers, washbasin faucets and urinal flush valves. If installers or cleaning staff are at work in the building then this poses no problem, because the water can be turned off once or for defined operating times. Faucet parameters such as water running time can be adjusted individually. And last but not least, the CNX water management system optimises the consumption of water and energy, saving costs and taking sustainability requirements into account.
- For the showers, the operators chose the adaptive CONGENIAL multifunctional water inlet. This system has proven its worth in public areas, and is integrated into the CNX water management system.
- Electronically controlled loopino G10 faucets are used at the washbasins. They are touch-free, thanks to their dual infrared sensor technology.
- In the wellness area, the CONTI+ CONWELL fittings are impressive: the downpour shower with its 16-litre bucket made of top quality iroko ensures a refreshing instant cooldown after a sauna session. The CONWELL Blitzguss kit is used for hydrotherapy and Kneipp treatments.
- CONTI+ CNX water management systems
- CONTI+ loopino washbasin faucets
- CONGENIAL concealed showers with piezo pushbuttons
- CONWELL Blitzguss kits
- CONWELL bucket downpour showers
- Building plot: 5072 m²
- Gross floor area: 14,208 m²
- Usable area: 11,817 m²
- Completion: 2019
- Certification: klimaaktiv GOLD, 2019
The background story:
A public swimming pool in the heart of the city with treetop views? What sounds like a dream has been turned into reality in Salzburg with the Paracelsus Bad & Kurhaus. The establishment has stood in the middle of the spa park since 1956. However, following many decades in operation, the time-honoured institution was showing its age: the equipment was outdated and the facility no longer satisfied modern demands. The decision was therefore made to construct a new building on the same site,
to create a space that would be bright, open, flooded with light and architecturally sophisticated. The new Paracelsus Bad & Kurhaus not only experiments visually with convention, but does so in structural terms too, as the new building has been designed as a three-dimensional walk-in landscape. One of the architects’ challenges was the unusual depth of the compact building of up to 35 metres.
A closed plinth forms the base of the building and contains the public spa building with doctors’ surgeries and treatment areas. The swimming level opens up on the next level with its generous panoramic glazing, topped by the gastronomic facilities and a spectacular sauna area with outdoor pool and view of the city of Salzburg.
Photographer: Christian Richters
CNX water management system – CNX water management system applications are especially suitable for buildings that require drinking water installations offering high functionality and levels of drinking water hygiene.
CONTI+ loopino washbasin faucet – the attractive washbasin faucet is ideal for stylish washbasins in, for example, office or visitor toilet facilities or even swimming pools. The unique, patented function key offers practical additional functions. For example, it can be used to activate an automatic 24-hour sanitary rinse.
High quality, innovative, hygienic, safe – Properly functioning, high grade shower systems are now more in demand than ever in public and semi-public swimming pools. Intelligent technologies can help to permanently reduce water and energy consumption. Robust materials that are easy to clean save on personnel and storage costs.
With control via the Service APP or integration into the CNX water management system, all swimming pool hygiene measures can also be centrally managed, monitored and logged.
The kit for sports facilities, pools, fitness studios and other settings - The CONWELL Blitzguss kit from CONTI+ comes in two different versions – one with a wall elbow connector (ball shape, ball connector), the other with an angle stop valve. Both kits are suitable for use in leisure pools, water parks, indoor swimming pools, aquatic sports centres, open-air swimming pools and fitness studios.
Refreshing, invigorating, CONWELL - What could be better following time in the sauna than the ultimate cooldown with a CONWELL bucket downpour shower made of high quality iroko? Thanks to the finish on the bucket, this refreshing experience can be enjoyed indoors or out. CONWELL bucket downpour showers can be mounted to a wall or ceiling, depending on your requirements.
Both options are facilitated by the transparent coating applied to the inside and outside, as well as the outer weather-resistant glazing, UV resistance and sanitary seal on the inside of the bucket.